McLaren Central Michigan offers a digital mammography system to provide our patients with the best possible breast imaging and comfort.
Benefits of going digital:
- Up to 40% less radiation does over standard film mammography
- Fewer callbacks or retakes for additional images
- Results are seen more quickly - less anxiety and discomfort for you
- Allows images to be lightened, darkened, zoomed in or our, and manipulated in other ways to read the picture more precisely
- Images are taken digitally without the use of film
- Images can be sent electronically to your physician
Patients are provided with a private and comfortable atmosphere, in which all procedures are performed by specially trained professionals under the direction of a board-certified radiologist. Our Mammography Department is accredited by the American College of Radiology and the Michigan Quality Standards Act.
For more information on digital mammograms, contact McLaren Central Michigan's Medical Arts Imaging Center at (989) 779-5238. The Medical Arts Imaging Center (also called the Mammography Suite) is located just inside the main entrance of the hospital. Appointments may be made through Central Scheduling at (989) 772-6878.