McLaren Central Michigan Free Clinic provides no-cost primary care to low-income, uninsured residents of Isabella County.
For information on the Free Clinic call (989) 953-5333.
Who is eligible for services?
- Residents who live in Isabella County at least 7 months out of the year.
Patients will be asked to provide proof of Isabella County residency (driver's license or state-issued ID card) at time of registration. If an individual cannot provide proof of residency at time of registration, services will not be provided.
- Low- or no-income residents who do not have and do not qualify for health insurance
- Those who cannot afford medical care, whose income is at or below 225% of the Federal Poverty Guideline
Please note: Each patient's financial status is reviewed. Patients may be asked to verify their income at a later date. If individuals cannot verify their income at that time, they can no longer receive services at the Free Clinic.
Who is not eligible for services?
- Patients who live outside Isabella County
- Those who are currently covered by commercial insurance or eligible for government health plans including county health plans, Medicaid, Medicare, or MIChild
- Those who qualify for government health plans
- Those with work-related injuries involving workers' compensation
- Patients who refuse to provide proof of income upon the Clinic's request
** To prevent duplication of services in Isabella County, McLaren Central Michigan Free Clinic does not perform or provide the following: dental or vision care; sexually transmitted disease counseling; HIV testing or counseling; birth control services; pregnancy testing; pre or postnatal care; drug testing; routine immunizations; TB skin testing; hearing aids; controlled drugs/narcotics; substance abuse services; and second opinions. While the Clinic does not provide these services, staff is available to suggest possible alternatives.