Experience. McLaren Greater Lansing began delivering health care to mid-Michigan residents in 1913. Our accomplishments testify to our experience:
- In our earliest days, mothers came to McLaren Greater Lansing to give birth. Today, we deliver more than 1,900 newborns annually in one-room, labor-delivery-recovery-postpartum suites that pamper moms and encourage birth as a family experience.
- Dr. Seong Chi and his heart team performed the first open heart surgery in 1965. Today, we still do open heart surgery, but we’ve excelled in minimally-invasive placement of balloon angioplasties and stents, coronary brachytherapy and endovascular surgery.
- The first arthroscopic knee replacement surgery was done by Dr. Lanny Johnson in the early 70s. Today, we’re ranked among the top 5% nationally for total joint replacement.
- McLaren Greater Lansing , through its McLaren affiliation, is part of the McLaren Cancer Institute (McLaren Cancer Institute). Now, we can take greater advantage of combined clinical skills and research trials to offer patients a wide array of treatments used in nationally renowned cancer treatment centers. Further, McLaren Greater Lansing enjoys a special affiliation in radiation oncology with the University of Michigan and Michigan State University. Our precision, computer-driven technology directs cancer-destroying x-ray beams to the tumor site, minimizing injury to healthy surrounding tissues.
Think McLaren-Greater Lansing. Think Innovation. We’ve received accolades in cardiology and orthopedics; however, there are many service areas that set McLaren Greater Lansing apart for excellence:
- A full-service diagnostic and teaching Breast Care Center;
- A Wound Care Center with exceptional healing rates for chronic, non-healing wounds;
- A multidisciplinary Pain Management Center;
- A nationally recognized Sleep & Alertness Center;
- Pediatric hospitalists – on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- Patient rehabilitation centers for cardiology, pulmonary, sports medicine and physical therapy;
- A full-service consumer and clinical library;
- More than 30 affiliated practices and teaching clinics;
- Community-based health education sessions, health screenings, and outreach.
"Patient-First" Service. At McLaren Greater Lansing, we do our very best to deliver both the expected and the unexpected. We’re excited you chose McLaren Greater Lansing. We expect to deliver on our promises.