When patients undergo surgery, a team of dedicated medical staff assist the surgeon. Certified anesthesiologists, circulating nurses, or specialized operating room nurses and technicians monitor the surgical procedure and the patient’s health and safety during the entire operation.
The Surgical Department at McLaren Central Michigan is highly trained in state-of-the-art technology and committed to providing superior care to patients and their families. Offering a full spectrum of general and gynecological surgery as well as advanced laparoscopic surgeries, breast core biopsy, total joint and minimally invasive orthopaedic surgeries, sports orthopedic surgeries and laser lithotripsy, McLaren Central Michigan is devoted to helping you get back on your feet.
Surgeries performed at McLaren Central Michigan include:
- Breast Surgery including breast biopsy, lymph node biopsy, lumpectomy, sentinel node, sterotactic biopsy and mastectomy
- Endocrinology including removal of part or the entire thyroid
- Gastroenterology including colonoscopy; endoscopy; traditional and laparoscopic bowel resection; hemorroidectomy; and hernia repair
- Gynecology and Obstetrics including c-section; traditional and laparoscopic hysterectomy; endometrial ablation; and tubal ligation
- Ophthalmology including treatment of cataracts, glaucoma, and ptosis (drooping eyelids)
- Orthopedic Surgery including joint replacement of the shoulder, hip and knee (anterior approach total hip replacement and tourniquet-less total knee replacement); treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome; arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery (including all reconstruction, rotation and cuff repair); meniscus tears; cartilage wear; and ligament repair
- Otolaryngology including procedures related to the ears, nose and throat such as ear tubes, tonsillectomy, and sinus endoscopy
- Podiatry including removal of bunions; ankle ligament repair; pain relief; and treatment of other deformities of the foot
- Urology including laser lithotripsy to treat kidney stones, and treatment of other conditions associated with the bladder, kidney and prostate
- Vascular Surgery including balloon or stent procedures; treatment of aortic aneurysms; carotid stenosis; advanced venous ulcers; peripheral vascular disease (to help with walking and avoid amputation); varicose veins; thoracic outlet and complex regional pain syndrome; and providing vascular dialysis access and medport placement for patients needing chemotherapy
Need a physician? Visit our online physician directory.