This year’s event will be held Thursday, June 4 at both Bucks Run Golf Club and Mt. Pleasant Country Club in Mt. Pleasant. This charity golf outing benefits Heart & Vascular Services at McLaren Central Michigan. The first event was organized 29 years ago by local businessman Charles E. Anthony for the benefit of several of his "zipper" (heart surgery) friends. Golf is good exercise for heart patients, so Charlie organized this special event for people who had the "zipper-like" scar from open heart surgery on their chest.
Non-Sponsor Registration PDF
Sponsorship Opportunities PDF
Sponsorship Team Registration PDF
2015 Event Details
- Shotgun start; play happens concurrently at both Bucks Run Golf Club and Mt. Pleasant Country Club (note: Bucks Run is the “home course” for the event; the closing program will take place at Bucks Run)
- Mt. Pleasant Country Club teams start at 8:45 am. Bucks Run Golf Club teams start at 9:00 am. Course assignment letters will be sent to the team captain the week prior to the event. Contact your team captain to learn your assigned course.
- Four-person scramble format - 18 championship holes (Singles and twosomes will be paired at the discretion of the event committee)
- “Zipper,” “Non-Zipper,” and “Women’s” options for play; Zipper teams must have at least one player who has had heart surgery. “Zipper” and “Women’s” golfers will compete at Mt. Pleasant Country Club
- Cost is $100 per person ($400 per team) if received by May 29. After May 29, $115 per person ($460 per team)
- Lunch will be served on both courses
- Closing program at Bucks Run Golf Club featuring dinner, golf awards, and the Great Golf Ball Rescue
Directions to Buck’s Run Directions to Mt. Pleasant Country Club
Over the years, the Zipper Open has raised three-quarters of a million dollars for McLaren Central Michigan!