Planned gifts allow donors to make gifts while they proactively manage their estate. Several ways to make a planned gift are listed below. If you are interested in learning more about making a gift to McLaren, please contact the McLaren Foundation by calling (810) 342-4087. Or, click here to link to the McLaren Foundation Gift Form.
- Bequests Gifts: A bequest may provide for a specific dollar gift, a percentage of your estate, or specific asset(s) to be given to McLaren in support of its various programs and endeavors. A bequest may also be in the form of a gift of the remaining assets of one's estate. Bequests, like other gifts, can be designated for many purposes or given without restriction.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: A Charitable Gift Annuity provides fixed income for life and is easy to establish. Through this giving method, donors will be able to meet both financial needs and personal philanthropic goals. Establishing the annuity requires a minimum gift of $10,000. Benefits of a Charitable Gift Annuity include an immediate income tax deduction and a capital gains tax savings, a lifetime stream of fixed payments for one or two people (the donor and/or others), and an opportunity to designate a future significant gift for McLaren to support the patient care and programs.
- Testamentary Life-Income Gifts: Charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, and charitable gift annuities all may be established through a donor's will. A testamentary gift enables donors to reduce estate taxes, provide an income stream for a loved one, and provide new estate planning options.
- Retirement Plans: Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), tax-sheltered annuities, Keogh plans, self employed plans (SEPs), 401(k), 403(b) and other qualified pension and profit-sharing plans can also provide significant support for McLaren Flint. A donor needs to inform his retirement plan administrator that he wishes to name McLaren as a beneficiary of the plan. The funds will usually pass to McLaren outside of probate and free of all taxes.
- Life Insurance: A donor may name the McLaren Foundation/mrmc as a beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy. The proceeds will usually pass to McLaren outside of probate and free of all taxes. The McLaren Foundation is available to assist you in determining a plan for your donation. We strongly recommend that you also consult you own financial advisor before you finalize your plan for giving.