It’s a matter of life and limb! Vascular screenings help determine whether you are getting sufficient blood flow from head to toe. Consider this screening annually if:
- Any individual 55 and older
- Have diabetes, hypertension, or uncontrolled high cholesterol (starting no later than age 40)
- Have a family history of heart disease
The screening costs $60, and offers the following tests:
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI): Is used to detect decreased circulation in your lower extremities by calculating the ratio of the blood pressure measured in the ankle to the blood pressure measured in the arms.
- Aortic Scan: The Doppler Test detects the presence of aneurysms that could rupture and be fatal.
- Carotid Scan: A painless ultrasound test to detect blockages in your carotid arteries, that could lead to stroke..
For an additional $10 a full lipid/glucose profile with a cardiac risk appraisal is available.
If potential blockages are found, further testing may be recommended to confirm the presence and degree of blockage detected. A copy of test results is given to the patient to share with their family physician. The screening cost is about one-half the cost of each test taken independently.
Screenings are held quarterly. Please call 517-975-8304 to schedule an appointment for the next available date.