While our top priority is the health of our patients and their need for rest, we also recognize the importance of having family and friends nearby. To maintain an environment that is conducive to healing, we have established the following guidelines regarding visitors:
- General visitation is from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
- We ask that only two visitors be in the patient room at a time.
- Early visitation privileges are extended to family members of patients having surgery or tests. Relatives wishing to visit a patient scheduled for surgery should plan their visit at least one hour before the scheduled procedure. During surgery and recovery, the family is invited to wait in the Family Lounge (Greenlawn campus) or the Surgical Lounge (Pennsylvania campus).
- The Critical Care, Intensive Care, and Cardiac Care Units have special rules regarding visitors. Visitation is limited to immediate family members and clergy, and may be further restricted according to the patient's health status.
- The Medical Geropsychiatric Unit also has special visiting hours and rules. Patients on this unit are asked to specify in advance who they will allow to visit them, and visitors must register with nursing staff before entering the unit. No more than two visitors are allowed to be with a patient at any one time, and must conduct their visit in the unit's group activity rooms. The unit is open to visitors during the following times:
Mon., Wed., and Fri.: 6 to 8 p.m.
Sat., Sun., and Holidays: 1 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m.
- The Maternal Child Health Center (Obstetrics) is open to fathers and significant others at any time, and other visitors may come daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Parents may visit their child in the Child and Adolescent Center (Pediatrics) at any time.
Peppermint Gift Shop: The main hospital gift shop serves staff, visitors and patients, selling a wide variety of gifts, jewelry, candy, flowers and sundries.
Cafeteria Dining Rooms
McLaren Greater Lansing's cafeterias are open to the public every day.
McRee Guest House
Located on the southwest corner of McLaren Greater Lansing's Greenlawn campus (2721 S. Washington Avenue), the McRee Guest House is a beautiful 14-bedroom "home away from home" specifically for the lodging of relatives of McLaren Greater Lansing patients. Assistance can be provided if special financial arrangements are needed. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis and include:
- Two single beds in each room
- Private bathrooms
- Private telephones and free local calls
- Complimentary linens
- Free coffee
- Laundry facilities
- Kitchen facilities
- Recreation rooms and lounges
- Cribs and rollaways are available
To arrange a room rental, contact the McRee Guest House directly at (517) 975-6310.
Convenient, free visitor parking is provided at each McLaren Greater Lansing facility. A parking ramp at the Southeast corner of the Greenlawn Campus offers additional parking beyond the campus parking area.
Parking After Midnight
For your security, the main entrance to the hospital is locked between the hours of midnight and 5:00 a.m. Access to the hospital between these hours is through the Emergency Entrance.
Chi Memorial Library
If you want to know more about your own medical diagnosis or that of a loved one, feel free to visit the Chi Memorial Library. Library staff are also available to collect applicable information and send it to your home, upon request.
The Chi Memorial Library is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and is closed on weekends and holidays. Call the Chi Memorial Library at (517) 975-6075.