Food and Nutrition
Today, many people live with health problems that could be managed better. By giving your body the proper nutrition it needs, you could greatly improve your health. That is why we offer an Outpatient Nutrition Education Program, which provides instruction, guidance and assistance through consultations with a Registered Dietitian.
The Dietitian will make an individualized health plan based on your current health habits and needs. The main goal is to improve health outcomes and/or quality of life. Each session typically takes one hour. Factors considered include medical concerns, medications, lifestyle, eating habits, exercise routine, family history and support.
McLaren Greater Lansing offers individual nutrition counseling for adults and children and/or families care providers for the following:
- Metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes
- Overweight and/or underweight
- High blood pressure and/or cholesterol
- Childhood obesity or failure to thrive
- Digestive concerns – constipation, diarrhea, heart burn, IBS, colitis, chron’s disease, etc.
- Food allergies or intolerances such as celiac disease or lactose intolerance
- Nutritional deficiencies – anemia, Vitamin D deficiency, depleted protein stores, etc.
- Infant/toddler feeding
- Metabolic concerns – thyroid disease and/or weight gain/loss
- Life cycle nutrition in gestation, menopause, geriatrics, etc.
- General interest in nutrition and/or improving health outcome through lifestyle
Please have your physician fax a referral to McLaren Outpatient Nutrition Education (517) 975-2210.
Phone the dietitian directly at (517) 975-2217 to schedule a one-on-one appointment.
Please email Peggy.Apostolos@McLaren.org with any questions.