Experience. McLaren Greater Lansing began delivering health care to mid-Michigan residents in 1913. Our accomplishments testify to our experience:
- In our earliest days, mothers came to McLaren Greater Lansing to give birth. Today, we deliver more than 1,900 newborns annually in one-room, labor-delivery-recovery-postpartum suites that pamper moms and encourage birth as a family experience.
- Dr. Seong Chi and his heart team performed the first open heart surgery in 1965. Today, we still do open heart surgery, but we’ve excelled in minimally-invasive placement of balloon angioplasties and stents, coronary brachytherapy and endovascular surgery.
- The first arthroscopic knee replacement surgery was done by Dr. Lanny Johnson in the early 70s. Today, we’re ranked among the top 5% nationally for total joint replacement.
- McLaren Greater Lansing , through its McLaren affiliation, is part of the Karmanos Cancer Institute. Now, we can take greater advantage of combined clinical skills and research trials to offer patients a wide array of treatments used in nationally renowned cancer treatment centers. Further, McLaren Greater Lansing enjoys a special affiliation in radiation oncology with the University of Michigan and Michigan State University. Our precision, computer-driven technology directs cancer-destroying x-ray beams to the tumor site, minimizing injury to healthy surrounding tissues.
Think McLaren-Greater Lansing. Think Innovation. We’ve received accolades in cardiology and orthopedics; however, there are many service areas that set McLaren Greater Lansing apart for excellence:
- A full-service diagnostic and teaching Breast Care Center;
- A Wound Care Center with exceptional healing rates for chronic, non-healing wounds;
- A multidisciplinary Pain Management Center;
- A nationally recognized Sleep & Alertness Center;
- Pediatric hospitalists – on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- Patient rehabilitation centers for cardiology, pulmonary, sports medicine and physical therapy;
- A full-service consumer and clinical library;
- More than 30 affiliated practices and teaching clinics;
- Community-based health education sessions, health screenings, and outreach.
"Patient-First" Service. At McLaren Greater Lansing, we do our very best to deliver both the expected and the unexpected. We’re excited you chose McLaren Greater Lansing. We expect to deliver on our promises.
MHC Video 2015 Annual Year In Review...MORE