Attend Advanced Wound Treatment Seminar. Click here to register.
Millions of Americans suffer from chronic wounds that won't heal due to a variety of health factors and conditions related to diabetes, surgery, circulatory problems, trauma, kidney disease, smoking, and aging.
A wound is an injury involving a break in the skin. Wounds that do not heal over a prolonged period of time (generally 30 days) can become chronic non-healing wounds. Chronic wounds can cause severe pain and discomfort, limit mobility, and further health complications. An open wound is also at high risk for infection. Wounds conditions considered chronic and which may require aggressive medical treatment include:
- Pressure sores resulting from prolonged bed rest or immobility
- Diabetic foot ulcers associated with decreased circulation and nerve damage
- Edema or swelling which can cause a wound or impede healing
- Wounds caused by scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, or other auto immune disorders
- Minor burns which are often painful and frightening
- Trauma from injuries at home or at work
- Non-healing surgical incisions
- Painful open skin infections accompanied by drainage, odor or changes in color
Specialized Treatment of Chronic Wounds
If you have a wound that hasn’t improved in a month or more, you may benefit from the services of the McLaren Macomb Wound Treatment Center.
A longtime leader in wound care treatment for over 20 years the McLaren Macomb Wound Treatment Center offers specialized treatment for patients suffering from hard to heal wounds.
Our highly skilled wound care medical team is comprised of caring professionals working together to provide comprehensive, individualized wound care management and treatment. These include an inter-disciplinary staff of wound physicians encompassing the specialties of vascular surgery, general surgery, infectious disease, a plastic surgery, and podiatry; many are certified in wound care. Our team of physicians, wound care nurses, nurse case managers, LPN’s, medical assistants, and technicians are extensively trained in advanced wound care techniques - with patient healing the top priority.
The individual needs and goals of each patient are considered in determining the course of treatment. Our focus of care embodies:
- Outpatient – utilizing proven scientific treatment methods to promote rapid healing while preventing prolonged or permanent disability
- Inpatient – preventing wounds from occurring, and reducing the length of stay for patients admitted to the hospital
Services and Treatment Options
In addition to wound and patient health evaluation, and individualized treatment plans, we also offer advanced wound treatment options such as
Don’t let a chronic wound keep you from being healthy and productive. Healing a chronic wound is our specialty. For more information or to schedule an appointment call:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO)— click learn more about HBO therapy
- Bio-engineered tissue substitutes
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Total contact casting
- Advanced dressings
- Education pertaining to underlying cause of wounds, care & treatment,
- Coping with Lifestyle Adjustments
- Nutrition Counseling
- Necessary durable equipment recommendations
- Home Health Care Nursing referrals
- Discharge Planning
McLaren Macomb Wound Treatment Center
Located within the Surgery Center
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
Monday thru Thursday - 8:00am to 4:30pm / Friday - 8:00am to 3:00pm