Your safety as a patient at McLaren Macomb is very important us. As a patient, you have a vital role in receiving safe care by being informed and active in your health care. Please help us provide safe care.
Please ask questions or tell us your concerns about your care.
- If possible bring a family member to participate to help ask questions or voice concerns.
- Ask what medications you are receiving and what it is for, why tests are being done and what are they for.
- Tell your doctor or nurse if something doesn't seem right.
What can you expect?
- You will be asked your name and will have a wristband identification check whenever you are given a medication, or have a test done.
- Expect health care providers to introduce themselves to you when they come into your room.
How can you help?
- Bring a list of ALL your medications that you take and the amount you take with you to the hospital. Include over-the-counter medications, herbal supplements and vitamins.
- Tell your doctors and nurses about any allergies or problems you have had with medications in the past or are currently having.
- Ask questions why a medication is being given to you if it looks different or unusual to you.
- Make sure information you may need is written down so you can understand it.
- Make sure you know how to use equipment you will need at home
- Make sure you understand the information you receive. Ask questions as many times as you need to.