McLaren Northern Michigan Orthopedic Care Center program provides the region's most comprehensive orthopedic services. Our team of orthopedic surgeons, rheumatologists, physiatrists, nurses certified in orthopedic care and other healthcare professionals provide integrated medical care focusing on prevention, education, testing, treatments, surgical interventions and rehabilitation.
The Orthopedic Care Center is located on the second floor of the Hospital and has 18 semi-private rooms. The layout of the care centers is designed with open spaces to facilitate interaction between nurses, other caregivers and patients. Use of natural themes and muted colors, artwork and reflected/indirect lighting will create the look of a nicely decorated home for promoting a healing environment.
The Orthopedic Care Center program continuously keeps up with state-of-the-art technology and interventions including:
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Cartilage Reconstruction
- Foot and Ankle Treatment
- Hand Therapy
- Hemi-Knee Replacement
- Joint Replacement
- Mini-incision for Total Hip Replacement
- Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Total Joint Clinic
The types of surgery include:
- Arthroscopy - an arthroscope is inserted into the joint so that the physician can directly visualize the inside of a joint
- General Orthopedic Surgery
- Hemiarthroplasty - surgical replacement of half the joint
- Osteotomy - surgical fracture of the bone to realign the leg
- Total Joint Arthroplasty - the surgical removal of part of the bone of the joint, and then replace that bone with a metal or polyethylene prosthetic component
The McLaren Northern Michigan Acute Rehabilitation Unit offers an inpatient unit specializing in physical, occupational, speech and nursing rehabilitation. Patients receive three hours of therapy a day to help in their recovery process to regain strength, endurance and independence.
Click here to learn more about the Orthopedic Services offered here at McLaren Northern Michigan.