A Plan of Care as Unique as you are
A care plan will be created that is just right for you, developed with careful consideration of your needs, your preferences, and your values.
Plan of Care — You as an Individual
Each patient is an individual and requires a custom-tailored plan of care that is uniquely appropriate. Through careful selection of medications and devices, both outcomes and patient satisfaction are positively affected. In the case of joint replacement, for example, a specialized digital software system is used to match each patient with the appropriately sized component.
Plan of Care — You as a Community
As a nation, more than 75% of health care dollars are spent on treating people with chronic conditions such as heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes. In our region, obesity is the leading cause of health problems.
Lifelong disability or compromised quality of life often result, further escalating health care costs. In northern Michigan, obesity is the leading cause of health problems. Access to health care, financial need, and modifiable behaviors are responsible for much of this illness and suffering, and McLaren Northern Michigan is investing in programs that address the specific needs of the communities we serve.
- Promotion of physical activity through classes and events
- Development of a tobacco-free work environment and smoking cessation support
- Expansion of a our Primary Care Network throughout the Region for improved access to health care
- Development of an Outreach Strategy whereby specialists travel to see patients in their own communities
- Donor funded financial assistance, such as free mammograms for women in need
- Free periodic health screenings
- Community Free Clinic for the uninsured and underinsured (Emmet County)
- Diabetes Education and Counseling
- Medical Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery