Hospice of the Sunrise Shore is a program of VitalCare, a nonprofit, Medicare-certified, Blue Crossapproved, and CHAP-accredited (Community Health Accreditation Program) provider of home healthcare programs and services. VitalCare is affiliated with McLaren Northern Michigan, serving northern Michigan and the eastern Upper Peninsula.
Hospice Goals: A Promise to Patients
Hospice of the Sunrise Shore is dedicated itself to total end-of-life care, to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of its patients, their families, and loved ones. Hospice of the Sunrise Shore affords a way to live with dignity and comfort, until a peaceful end.
Hospice of the Sunrise Shore upholds an unequivocal commitment to serve the needs of its patients and all aspects of their care.
Meeting the Wants and Needs of Patients
- Relief from pain
- Emotional and spiritual support for the patient and family
- Patient choice for end-of-life care in Hospice House, or in the home
- Bereavement and supportive care for family and friends
The care and comfort of terminally ill patients is the primary goal of all Hospice workers, from physicians and nurses to volunteers.
Hospice Facilities: For Those Who Choose to Stay With Us
- Medical and nursing care
- Symptom relief and pain control
- 24/7 emergency care, with emphasis on nursing and medical intervention
- Homemaker services, supportive visits, personal care, and transportation
- Multi-denominational spiritual guidance
- Emotional and bereavement support
Hospice of the Sunrise Shore is affiliated with VitalCare Hospice. Two facilities specifically designed for the safety and comfort of patients who do not choose to stay in their own homes are offered in Petoskey and Cheboygan.
Volunteer Services: A Community of Caring
Specially selected, carefully trained volunteers perform a variety of crucial duties to aid the patients, their families, and their loved ones. Volunteers also perform office and clerical services, and assist in public relations, special events, and fundraising.
- Companionship and supportive visits
- Homemaking and meal preparation
- Child care and respite care
- Bereavement support
- Crafting, music, and art sharing
|Hospice of the Sunrise Shore
2078 M-32 W.
Alpena, MI 49707
989.358.1156 · 800.342.7711
Map & Directions