McLaren Northern Michigan Orthopedic Care Center program provides the region's most comprehensive orthopedic services. Our team of orthopedic surgeons, rheumatologists, physiatrists, nurses certified in orthopedic care and other healthcare professionals provide integrated medical care focusing on prevention, education, testing, treatments, surgical interventions and rehabilitation.
The types of surgery include:
- Arthroscopy - an arthroscope is inserted into the joint so that the physician can directly visualize the inside of a joint
- General Orthopedic Surgery
- Hemiarthroplasty - surgical replacement of half the joint
- Osteotomy - surgical fracture of the bone to realign the leg
- Total Joint Arthroplasty - the surgical removal of part of the bone of the joint, and then replace that bone with a metal or polyethylene prosthetic component
The McLaren Northern Michigan Acute Rehabilitation Unit offers an inpatient unit specializing in physical, occupational, speech and nursing rehabilitation. Patients receive three hours of therapy a day to help in their recovery process to regain strength, endurance and independence.
When to See an Orthopedic Physician
Orthopedic Surgery & Services
Our Joint Program
Rehab and Therapy
Our Orthopedic Physicians