On any given day, visitors to McLaren Northern Michigan will see many volunteers performing functions in all over northern Michigan. Nearly 500 volunteers from all walks of life donate their time to fundraise, network, and sing the praises of the quality care and services provided by McLaren Northern Michigan, its colleagues, and its providers. With more than 24,000 hours logged in 2015, their talents and compassionate caring is indeed remarkable.
The volunteer program at McLaren Northern Michigan provides a rewarding experience for students and community members 17 years of age or older. Volunteers support many departments and projects including the hospital, foundation, VitalCare, Boulder Park Terrace, Cheboygan Campus.
In order to attract and retain the best volunteers for McLaren Northern Michigan, we try to match talents and skills to areas of need. (Volunteer opportunities encompass every aspect of a hospitalization or a visit to the Hospital to see a friend or have a diagnostic procedure.) Volunteers may greet you at the door, assist you to your room, prepare you for the surgical team, deliver patient mail while you are hospitalized, sell flowers or gifts in the Gift Shop, and escort you to the door upon discharge.
Benefits of Volunteering
Click here to become a Volunteer.
- Giving back to your community
- Developing a social network of like-minded community members
- Complimentary valet parking and jacket or vest when volunteering
- Complimentary influenza vaccination and tuberculosis (TB) testing
- Complimentary meal ticket in the Hospital cafeteria on days when you serve four or more hours
- Discount at the McLaren Northern Michigan Gift Shop
- Complimentary summer and winter holiday appreciation meal