6th & 8th Floors (Medical/Surgical & Cardiology)
- 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Up to two (2) visitors are allowed in the patient room at the same time during visiting hours.
- Visitors under the age of 3 are only allowed to visit immediate family members.
9th Floor, Step-Down, Intensive Care Unit
- 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Please do not bring food to 9th floor patients.
- ICU visitation is limited to two (2) visitors and they should limit visitations to 15 minute increments. No flowers are allowed in ICU.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to visit patients in ICU & Step-Down.
Regular Visiting Hours
- Up to two (2) visitors are allowed in the patient room at the same time during visiting hours. Visitors under the age of 13 are only allowed to visit immediate family members.
- Visitors are welcome to utilize the main lobby or the floor waiting rooms. Younger children may wait in these areas if they are attended by an adult.
Special Visiting Hours
- Clergy are permitted to visit patients at any time.
- There are no visiting hour restrictions for hospice patients.
- Special considerations will be made on an individual basis with the patient's nurse and/or the floor nurse manager.
Semi-Private Room Considerations
Being in a semi-private room requires additional sensitivity to respect the privacy of the other patient. The following rules and expectations help to ensure the safety and privacy of all patients:
- We may ask family members/visitors to leave the room when a roommate is about to receive care, or to allow a sensitive discussion to take place.
- We may ask family members/visitors to use a different area to sleep, for example the lounge.
- We expect family members/visitors to be sensitive to the volume of their conversations and maintain a low level of noise.
- Family members/visitors should use the public restrooms rather than the bathroom located in the patient room.
No smoking is permitted in the hospital or on the hospital campus and parking structure.
Take home any valuables that your loved one may have brought to the hospital.
No flowers should be sent and no food should be brought to patients in ICU.
Please speak softly while visiting and avoid unnecessary noise to maintain a restful environment for all patients.
To protect the patient's privacy, visitors are asked to leave the room when medical or nursing procedures are performed.
A security vehicle is available to transport visitors to and from the visitor parking lot. To make arrangements for this service, use a hospital phone to call extension 3235.
Visitor parking is located in the parking deck across from the Emergency Room entrance. The entrance of the parking deck is located off of Mill Street between Pike Street and East Huron Street. If you wish to have an escort to your car at anytime, call Security at extension 83235.
What Loved Ones Can Do to Help
Being there is one of the best things you can do for your ill family member. You can touch them, hold their hand and talk to them. Though they may not be able to show you that they know you are there, they can usually hear and feel you. Finally, and just as important, remember to take care of yourself so that you can continue to be a support to your loved one.
Hospital Entry After Midnight
For your security, the main entrance to the hospital is locked between the hours of midnight and 5:00 a.m. Access to the hospital between these hours is through the Emergency Entrance.