For our patients: Reporting Safety or Quality Concerns
At McLaren Port Huron, our priority is to provide the highest quality of care and exceptional service. We want our patients and their families to feel safe, comfortable and confident that they are getting very good care. We also want to know how our patients and their families feel about the care they received. We provide a number of ways for you to express feedback about your experience at McLaren Port Huron.
While you are in the hospital:
- Always feel free to mention any concern you have to your nurse or nurse manager immediately, so that the matter can be resolved to your satisfaction.
- You may dial "0" for the hospital operator who will connect you with our patient representative or other staff member who can help you.
- A randomly selected number of patients will receive a patient satisfaction survey in the mail asking you to rate the services you received. If you feel you cannot rate our services as "very good" please let us know immediately, so we have the opportunity to improve our services to you while you are still here.
After you have been discharged from the hospital:
- If any individual has concerns about safety or quality of care provided in the hospital, he or she is encouraged to contact the hospital's Senior Management, or our Compliance Values Line at 1 (800) 273-8452.
- You may also send your comments to the hospital using the Contact Us form at any time.
McLaren Port Huron is accredited by The Joint Commission and by HFAP. Any patient who has a concern about the safety or quality of care provided in the hospital may contact: The Joint Commission at www.jointcommission.org and HFAP at www.hfap.org.
Contacting Joint Commission
If the concern cannot be resolved through the hospital, the individual is encouraged to contact The Joint Commission. TO CONTACT JOINT COMMISSION, YOU MAY CALL 1 (800) 994-6610, email email@example.com, go to their website: http://www.jointcommission.org/. No disciplinary action will be taken if an individual chooses to call, and the call can be kept anonymous.
Contacting Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
Complaint Hotline: (800) 882-6006